There was an article in the local paper about Sarah Palin stepping down as Governor of Alaska. Basically the male reporter stated she was ruining her career in politics. Yada Yada. People usually tend to believe I voted McCain/Palin because I'm a female voter. Sorry to disappoint those folks but I don't vote for a candidate based on gender.
Anyway, the male reporter, also stated maybe she was stepping down because, "it's that time of the month and her hormones were raging." Instantly I saw red and chauvinist pig came to mind. Why is it, where women are concerned, are men always ready to jump and point out that maybe it's just that time of the month?
Your wife yells at you and you ask her if she's on her period. It couldn't possible be that you're a lazy man and didn't put your underwear in the laundry. You cut of a woman in traffic and she gives you the finger. O don't worry she's just hormonal. It has nothing to do with you driving like a maniac and putting her kids at risk.
Heaven forbid a female politician do something unexpected. Who cares if she's stepping down so she can make a bid for the 2012 presidential race? Maybe all of Alaska is glad she's leaving. Otherwise all the people suing her would bankrupt their beloved state. I would love to have a role reversal here and have it be a man. Then we could all come to the assumption that it's due to his erectile dysfunction and he forgot to take his little blue pill.
No comments:
Post a Comment