The other day I was at the kids school for their Fall Carnival. I was talking to a friend of mine(who is a working mom) when a SAHM interrupted our conversation. She loudly stated she was surprised to see her there and not at work. How "lucky" her kid was to see her take a day off.
This attitude that being a SAHM makes you a better person or mother disgusts me. I am lucky enough to have chosen to stay home with the support of my hubby. For us the cost of me going back to work was too great. This choice doesn't make me a better parent.
The mother that choses to go back to work shouldn't be condemned. It doesn't make her any less of a mother. She might not have the option to stay at home. Or maybe she prefers to be in the work place.
Whatever your reasons are to stay at home or be a working mother, there is no wrong or right choice.
4 comments:
Ideally, if we had a child my wife would stay at home to raise them. In the current state of the economy, unless you are privileged this is highly unlikely. I worked my arse off to get us where we are and it isn't nearly enough to support us both let alone three of us.
You should never judge others simply because your spouse makes a lot of money. How can you ladies not shut old biddies like that up right there on the spot? I would definitely be a trouble maker if they allowed men at PTA meetings and carnivals.
I wouldn't say that I'm priviledged more like frugile. We have had to cut back or cut out the extras. With 3 kids the cost of childcare alone is more than our house payment.
Since there where kids present I didn't voice my opinion like I wanted to but Kindly asked her to keep her opinions to herself.
I meant the lady promoting her stay at home status. Those who are humble usually have to work harder for what they achieve.
I used to know ladies like that as a kid and I both feared and hated them. They used to badmouth EVERYONE when they weren't around.
I have tagged you.
Right here!
Post a Comment