Saturday, November 29, 2008

Black Friday

If you know me you know I hate to shop. I don't like to browse. When it comes to shopping I want a detailed plan of where I need to go and what I need to get. It's like a precise military operation. Just minus all the paint, guns and equipment.

My Mom and I decided to go shopping on Black Friday. Mom is the total opposite of me. She loves shopping and browsing from rack to rack. Plus her list is three times as long as mine. You may be asking why I would choose to go. That's easy. Free Starbucks coffee and spending time with my Mom. I figure the pros outweighed the cons.

Our experience was actually uneventful. We didn't see anyone get trampled or fight over any toys. The big highlight was that we had to wait in line at Wal-Mart for 45 minutes before we could get into the door because the Fire Dept. was there watching. I was able to knock out half of my Christmas list and be frugal at the same time.

1 comment:

HektikLyfe said...

We are usually done with our Christmas shopping by Thanksgiving but this year was different. Money is tight.