Friday, November 21, 2008

Pull The Switch

In my last post I told all of you I was giving up reading or watching the news. I swear I am, but gradually, it's like kicking a nicotine addiction, it takes time. Today's paper had an article about overcrowded prisons. Plus the money is costs to run these prisons.

Why don't they reinstate the chair? There are over 3,300 inmates on death row since January 2008. Of those, 667 are in California prisons but not one has been executed. Instead they are getting free food, housing and medical care.

I read a study that said the average cost to house inmates is $136 a day. We pay $50,000 a year to house just one prisoner. By executing the 667 inmates on death row in California we would be saving $33,350,000 a year. A jury sentenced these people for their crimes. Shouldn't their punishment be fulfilled?

1 comment:

HektikLyfe said...

I agree wholeheartedly.