Yesterday my husband wrote a blog on his site thoughtfulmisfortune about us trying to have kids. I don't know how accurate it is, from my point of view, but it is hilarious. Some of which I didn't even know about. Since the door has been opened, it was a very personal subject, I think it's my turn. It is only fair.
Every girl fantasizes about being proposed to. How romantic is he going to get? Will he drop to one knee? Is there going to be a candle lit dinner? Will the two of you be alone or will he do it in front of a group? We all want something special because we think it will only happen once.
None of those things happened to me except the fact that we were alone. I don't get to retell some fantastic story. Every time a friend gets proposed to and tells me her story I give my husband the guilt trip. He gives me the here we go again look. Here is our story from my point of view.
We had just gotten done grocery shopping at Albertson's and were heading back to the townhouse. The radio was on and we were singing. I can't remember what song it was. Once it ended we talked about our plans for the weekend. We were getting together with friends and going bowling plus there was a movie I wanted to see. That title to slips my mind. The stop light had turned red and he turns in his seat and says,"Hey I think we should get married." Thinking he was totally pulling my leg I say sure.
We get home and unload all the groceries. His mother is outside smoking so we head out back to talk. Then half way through the conversation he says,"So I asked her to marry me and she said yes." His mother instantly starts crying. I'm thinking oh crap I thought it was a joke!
I knew we would be getting married sooner or later because I couldn't imagine living without him or with anyone else. In my head I just expected something else, something more romantic. Either way I got the man of my dreams. But when we renew our vows later in life it had better be good!
3 comments:
That could still count for sweet points though. It sounds like something a guy's guy would do.
I had grandiose plans, but things rarely work out exactly as you wish they did. Everything turned out fine. I had just imagined so much more on my part that I just couldn't come through with.
My husband (over the phone after I'd dumped him for not wanting to commit): "Fine, you wanna get married! Then marry me."
Me: "Oh no, I'm not saying yes to that. I don't believe you."
Him: "Well, I'm being serious."
Me: "Then call your mom and tell her you just proposed to me."
Ten minutes later
Him: "I called her, I told her."
Me: "What'd she say?"
Him: "They were both a little surprised and wanted to know what you had said."
Silence...
Him: "Well?"
Me: "Fine, I'll marry you."
Him: "Fine."
Can you tell we were fighting? We fought more when we were dating than we ever have married, it's really quit odd.
Hekit: I don't know if it's the pressure to do it "right" but my husband said he had better plans too. That it felt right in that moment...
Cannwin:That is a hilarious story. Maybe this way I have a more unique story to tell my kids.
Post a Comment