Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Soldiers Tribute

This is a day to honor soldiers, men and women, who died for a purpose, giving hope and promoting freedom. My heart goes out to the families of soldiers still serving who are sacrificing their lives to keep us free and safe. Freedom carries a price. This is not a day for super shopper saving at the local mall or an extra day off with Holiday pay.

We as Americans are proud of our freedoms. Things we take for granted. I as a woman can walk down the street unchaperoned, I have the right to vote and can speak my mind. I'm not condemned for wearing short sleeve t-shirts or make-up.

To say that the war is a mistake is wrong. It disrespects the service and every soldier that has made the ultimate sacrifice. The way this war has been handled is the mistake. These soldiers are following the orders their Commander in Chief gave them. They are trained for these situations. What they have accomplished is not a mistake.

Thank you, to every soldier, young or old, man or woman. Thank you to every soldier that gave up their life for me. This country owes you a great deal of gratitude.

1 comment:

HektikLyfe said...

I work for a ... something, closely related to ... them, and we worked on that day. No holiday, no pay. Its a free day except for those that worked for it. Odd.