While I try to read the newspaper or watch the news everyday, to stay up on current events, I'm thinking of going on strike. Except for the funny pages, of course. Nowadays it seems like all the news is depressing. If I wanted to be depressed I would call the bank to check my account balance!
In this weeks paper alone I found out the some genius female scientist lost a bag of tools in outer space. That bag of tools only cost us $100,000. All because she didn't check to make sure it was secured. How do these people get hired? Wall Street is at it's lowest level in 5 years. Instead of being able to retire at 65 they are now going to make you wait until your 80. There are 10 million Americans unemployed. For the icing on the cake, 3 millionaires are sitting in Congress trying to get $25 Billion dollars in bailout money.
Does that mean I get to ask Congress for a bailout too? I'm sure they have highly paid and highly educated accountants who oversee their money. Look where it got them. I'm a lowly house wife who never went to college, surely I get a bailout too, right? They can just sent me a check to write off all my bills or better yet transfer the money into my account.
1 comment:
I think their only justification is the "trickle down theory" from Reagonomics. Was it that?
Anyway, you know what I mean.
Post a Comment